Saturday, October 4, 2008

Thailand LOMO style

Before I left for Thailand I received my LOMO LC+A kit in the mail. I really didn't have much time to experiment with it, so I packed all of its contents in my suitcase and crossed my fingers for the best. In a nutshell, LOMO camera is an old school 35 mm film camera that originated in Russia. It's known to produce vivid pictures with lots of color saturation. If you've seen Fisheye pictures, the Fisheye camera is another version of the LOMO that makes all your pictures look like they were taken through a pinhole or peephole. I wanted a full format one, but I did get a tunnel vision lens, which is a wider-angled Fisheye. I didn't have a flash, so all my night shots were crap, and I forgot to adjust the focus lever so some of my pictures are blurry. I also got the "Krab" for it, which is a waterproof capsule and that's how we were able to take underwater shots. I'm happy the snorkeling pictures came out. I just ordered the ringflash and a tripod and hope to experiment more at my niece's birthday party next weekend.









Click below to see more pictures - the good, the bad and the blurry.

Thailand - LOMO

1 comment:

em said...

Cool shots! The beach pics remind me of that Guy Richie movie with Madonna...I forgot the title!